Friday, October 16, 2009

In dreams...

Once upon a time, I wasn't a chubber. I didn't have to watch what I put into my mouth. And no one watched me or criticized what I ate, when I piled food on my plate. I didn't ever feel uncomfortable when my pants cut the circulation at my waist. "Fat days" where nothing looks right, never existed. I didn't have to worry about the angle of my face or the position of my arm when I took pictures. I didn't look like a sausage on the treadmill, on the weight machine, in the party dress. I didn't have to apologize for being larger than other people.

I didn't feel compelled to beat myself up if I had something yummy, instead of suffering with brocoli.

I am not actually feeling so bad about myself lately....I guess I was just thinking about a parallel universe. Someplace where the word "binge" only applied to shopping or drinking and donuts didn't make you round.

2 comments:

Bret and Victoria said...

I miss those days of not having to worry now it seems to be all down hill

Yum Yucky said...

Ahh. I remember the days of eating entire pizzas. I can only reminisce. Well, I can still do it, but ya know. I won't. (I wish)