Sunday, December 17, 2006

happy sunday, fuckers

Greetings on this lovely Sunday afternoon! I've officially done nothing today besides eat breakfast, go to the gym, talk on the phone a few times with my boyfriend and watch HBO on demand. Basically, this Sunday has been a worthless one. I'm feeling like I should be more productive. I'm also craving pasta. And tomato sauce. MmmMmm. I think I'll be heading over to the kitchen soon as I'm done updating you on my current status.

Arms: 12"
Thighs: 24"
Hips: 42"
Waist: 36" (1 more gone! I'm starting to look like a woman again, and not an amorphus blob thing)

annnddddd....still maxing out at 185 lbs. Which is fine by me. Means I haven't gained anything since Tuesday of last week. My co-workers are noticing the loss in my face the most. I'm noticing that my pants are starting to fit again. ha. ha.

It probably would have been more of a loss, except I drank some "holiday" punch last night at the pajama party we went to. And since my appetite has begun to return, I spent a large portion of the evening snacking on tortilla chips and humus. Kristen and I kept taking turns going up to the table. Then I would sit, and since I'm beginning to think I really have a problem with restless leg syndrome, I just sat and shook my legs all night. I get one to stop and the other one goes. If I try to cross my legs, my foot shakes. As weird as this may seem, I guess it's burning calories. And that's never an issue in my book.

At the gym in my apartment complex, I've been doing 40 mins/2 miles (whichever comes first) just fast paced walking on the old treadmill. I do the first 20 minutes with 3 lbs weights just going up and down with them, and then working on triceps as well. I also am working on the ab machine. Since my legs are already shapely, I'm just walking to keep the muscle tone. I still wish I had my rugby legs. They were friggin' diesel. No cellulite anywhere. For now I'm really just targeting my abs and arms, hoping to build the muscle underneath so that when the fat goes away, all that's left is toned perfection. (Gawd that sounded cheesey!?!?!)

And rightfully so. I just got back my final grade from my other class. I currently have a 4.0 in grad school (A+ in theories, A in research). I'm really proud of myself. I actually had to work for those grades. And now? Now I'm going to celebrate with a bowl of whole wheat pasta and red sauce. Perhaps I'll throw in a piece of grilled chicken. Protein is brain food, you know?
(the good old days, when pizza ALWAYS came after beer)

No comments: