Thursday, August 23, 2007

lunch break report!

A quickie mid-week review (as per special request from Alexis A. Darling) as I have snuck home for a lunch break and will return to work, only to go to Talbots where I may or may not be giving my 2 weeks notice.
  • Quitting smoking has increased my appetite ridiculously. I'm still trying to figure out if it's mental hunger or physical hunger. Either way, I'm starving. But not wasting away like I hoped. I think it's mental hunger that causes me to stuff food into my face. At least I'm not sucking down chocolate candy bars like last week. I am aware that food is not filling a whole where ciggies once were. Maybe food just tastes better when your tongue isn't covered in nicotine.
  • Quitting has also made me irrational in some ways and very, very irritable.
  • Yesterday I had a picnic at work, and for the first time in a long time, I consumed delicious deli-meat. It took up almost 1/2 of my daily points allowance but was totally worth it. My sandwich consisted of:
    • 1 slice of ham (2 pts)
    • 1 slice of turkey (2 pts)
    • 1 slice of roast beef (2 pts)
    • 1 slice of processed american cheese (2 pts)
    • on a wheat roll/bun thingie (2 pts)
      • TOTAL: 10 points of heaven
  • Today I only ordered 1 donut from Dunkin Donuts, although my heart told me to order 2. I could have even saved money on the special combo if I ordered 2. But I didn't. Fuck my wallet and fuck my waistline. And fuck you, you jerk.
OK, thats my update. Today while meeting with my boss, I requested Saturdays OFF. She asked me if there was any particular reason. Now don't get me wrong, I love my boss. BUT I DON'T WANT TO WORK ON FRIGGIN SATURDAYS ANYMORE! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO LEAVE FRIGGIN ALBANY FOR A WEEKEND AND MAYBE GO HOME? ON A NICE WEEKEND GET-A-WAY? BE ABLE TO DRINK ON A FRIDAY NIGHT AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT COMING IN HUNGOVER?! WORK LIKE A REGUALR ADULT AND HAVE A REGULAR WORK-WEEK!?!?!?!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I told her it was because I wanted to have a normal work week, I've been working Saturdays for them almost 2 years and I wanted some change.

Back to work. And shitty Talobot's. Wish me luck this weekend. Hopefully there will be less of me on Monday :-)

No comments: