Monday, August 20, 2007

sore & swollen


(If only losing weight was as fun & easy as learning to shoot a gun!)

Now don't get me wrong, I knew I was going to have a gain this week. But I was certainly NOT anticipating a gain of 2.5 pounds.

Back at the dreaded 169, only a pound away from 170 made me very emotional today.

Measurements:
Arms: 11"
Hips: 38"
Legs: 22
Waist: 32

On the upside, I ate a ton of chocolate this week because yes, I quit smoking AGAIN. But this time very seriously. I tried to be good. But it obviously didn't work. Not writing down every piece of chocolaty goodness ended up screwing me over. Chocolate: 1 ~ Jillian: 0

This week, I'm done with being lax about eating. I am ridiculously cranky and sensitive right now but I'm going to kick my own butt. Today at my WW meeting, an older lady said something that made me really stop and think. Think hard and remember why I'm trying to lose the rest of this weight:

"Not writing down everything you eat is like cheating in solitaire."

And I had a light bulb moment. I am setting a goal for myself to be 165 lbs by Labor Day. I was so close and August has totally kicked my butt. But I don't feel hopeless, just frustrated temporarily. If I get to this goal weight by goal time, I will treat myself to a pedicure. Or a new pair of shoes. Something with my feet.

So my weekend? It was wonderful. Let's start in pictures (there are only 3, this will be short):


Here we are, at Adam's work picnic. We switched sunglasses and I made him take a picture with me. I only ate a palm sized amount of venison steak, a scoop of macaroni salad and a scoop of baked beans. AND I played horsehoes (which I am not awesome at) I drank quite a few beers, but behaved foodwise. We got back to his parent's house and ended up eating a very late Shabbos dinner with his mom and very religious/Jewish father. Bread and butter is divine. His mom is a great cook. I overate. The end.

Saturday, we went 4-wheeling on his Kawasaki and I had a blast.... That is until he let me drive and I crashed into this pine tree. Luckily, we weren't hurt. I was wearing a helmet and gloves. But, there is a bruise on my rib, my arm and my whole body is sore. Still. After a nap, we ate left overs from the night before. Still very delicious. Still ate too much.


Finally, Sunday we went to his next door neighbors house and made hot pepper relish. Then, I got to shoot one of his rifle's. And I got a bullseye (see pic ALL the way at the top) As he was driving me home, we ended up eating dinner at a Chinese Buffet type place.

I ate a lot this weekend, but I also DID a lot this weekend.
It's actually nice to have a boyfriend who wants to actually DO things with me besides eat and screw.

Today I start fresh, with goals in place and a mindset to get there.

No comments: