Tuesday, September 25, 2007

DVD Reviews & weekend re-cap

Saturday, I went to Wal-Mart with Adam and I picked up a few new exercise DVDs as I've been doing the same 2 since last November and last March, respectively.

I purchased CRUNCH Cardio Go-Go Dancing and 10 MINUTE SOLUTION: Slim & Sculpt Pilates with Pilates Band and although BOTH of them have kicked my ass, I'd recommend both of them to anyone looking for a....serious challenge.

Yesterday, I did the Go-Go dancing before work. At first I thought it would be a good idea, to you know, pick up some extra dance moves, just in case. I looked like a retard having seizures as I shimmied and shook to this work-out. It's a good thing no one was here to see it. I still had a lot of fun and definitely got my heart pumping. I suggest doing this in the privacy of your own home or...getting drunk and having a dance party with your friends.

I just got finished with the new Pilates one. Now, I've been doing Pilates for almost a year and I don't think anything could have prepared me for this one. The DVD comes with this neat purple band that adds resistance. Although I was able to do each exercise, I struggled...a lot. And I grunted, like a middle aged man dropping a deuce in the toilet. I only had time to do three of them. I might do the other two when I get home from life tonight. We'll see. I might be in too much goshdang pain.

In other news, Amy and I have set a goal to be 5 pounds lighter by October, 17 2007 (this is before I head down to NC for Tito's wedddddding!) So if all goes as planned, I will be 160 lbs by then.

Here are a few photo's from the balloon festival Adam took me to on Sunday morning. It was incredible, really. He has some pics on his camera, so I'll add those when I get them.






Oh...and I ate bad food this weekend, but spaced out over loooong periods of time. For example, Saturday we had a Dunkin Donuts coffee roll for breakfast and then I had a cheeseburger & fries from Friendly's for lunch. We did a lot of walking and shopping and I didn't eat anything for the rest of the day/night. Sunday, I had Denny's Super Omlette (made with egg beaters!) around 8 am and ate a cider donut at a craft fair he took me too, like 4ish. I didn't eat again until 8 pm, dining on Kung Pow Shrimp Lo Mein from Ichiban.

I'm hoping the activity increase (we were busy ALL weekend doing things) and bad food cancels itself out and that I loose weight this week.

No comments: