Sunday, October 12, 2008

i'm not perfect

yeah ummm oops

So apparently, a weight loss week (WLW) beginning with McDonald's and Snickers bars isn't the way to set the tone for a positive and productive week.

I have been a piglet. No control. Drank 3 nights in the same week, which is UNHEARD of. Barely exercised*. But on a personal note, I can't complain. Things are going pretty darn snazzy with school, internship, work and socializing. My boyfriend and I are doing well. My hair is slowing down with evacuating from my head. A little give and take in life is nothing to be ashamed of. I guess I have taken a by accident vacation from dieting and exercise and I'm not really mad at myself. I just want to try for better next week and STOP PAYING FOR FRIGGIN WEIGHT WATCHERS!!!!!

*Yesterday I skipped the gym and went outside for exercise. While walking (running too!) I realized that I have officially overcome my fear of being active. Like, I've been a million times more active in the last few months than ever in my life, but I'm finally free of the weird feeling associated with it.

Did you have any NON SCALE VICTORIES this weekend?
(I guess this will be my interactive question, since it must getting boring just commenting on my ramblings)

10 comments:

Penny said...

It's not even slightly boring!! I always feel the need to put some trite question at the end of my blog because I fear the same though. Truth.

I've taken my eye off the ball this weekend too, but I think it's needed every now and again for sanity. Back to being well-behaved and healthy with food tomorrow I reckon!

Hmm. Thinking about it, that WAS actually my non-scale related victory this week. I Let Go after a week of being obsessive with food and I didn't get angry with myself. Yet.

TA x

auntie said...

Thanks for the comment on my Old Navy rant! I know what you mean about not fitting into a real size, too - so frustrating, especially when you've lost weight & it seems like it should be EASIER to find clothes, not harder!!

Good to see that you can focus on the non-scale related victories. Let's see...I had a great day yesterday with my parents, things are wonderful with my current boyfriend, I reconnected with an old friend last night, and we're having beautiful fall weather here today. Can't ask for much more right now, can I?

:)

The Bear Cub Bakery said...

Ate more than I wanted, and yet...
...no binge.
...no cry.
...no trouble fitting into pants.

's gonna be aaaalright.

Kristen Mullane said...

My non-scale victory this weekend was counting all my points. The first 2-3 weeks back at WW I thought I'd try core but it didn't work. Back to points. I also exercised three times this week, which is the goal I'm shooting for. Anything more than that then I get stressed that I don't have enough time for everything else!

Anonymous said...

never boring commenting on yer rambling.
or perhaps it's simply that I have no life.


probably the latter.

please to ramble freely my way.

WeightingGame said...

i noshed on movie popcorn, pizza, and these insane PB and choco chip cookies I made for a party, so I suppose my non-scale-related victory is that I let myself relax and eat what I wanted. But I'll be making sue to get lotsa extra fruits and veggies this week!

Rockin Austin said...

Non Scale Victories - I started writing everything down...again. I cooked all weekend AND I exercised both days this weekend.

The journaling thing...tough for me, but an eye-opener. I drank FOUR times this week! Unheard of!!

Rockin Austin said...

Non Scale Victories - I started writing everything down...again. I cooked all weekend AND I exercised both days this weekend.

The journaling thing...tough for me, but an eye-opener. I drank FOUR times this week! Unheard of!!

Missicat said...

I ran a 1/2 marathon! :-) Definitely a victory, a few years ago I could barely complete a 5K.

fattygetsfit said...

thank you all for sharing your NSV's with me!!!