My name is Jillian, and I'm a Jew on Christmas Eve. Mama Fatty is on her up way here and I am planning on doing an exercise DVD for a few before she arrives. Then I will cook a nice healthy chicken dinner for us. And we will probably exchange presents and then argue until we go to sleep.
Wait? Me & Mama have an interesting relationship. I have inherited most of Mama's good qualities (I'm nice, I'm outgoing, I'm sensitive) and some of Mama's negatives (I have flabby arms, I can be passive aggressive) and none of Mama's worstest quality (she means well, but is VERY VERY VERY closed minded/judegmental almost to the point where I feel criticized no matter what because of that "tone" and the "shoulds" that I believe most Jewish mama's do). Mama is also pretty annoying. We fight like sisters with rabies. But I love her, because she instilled in me strength and independence and good looks.
Oh, and I lost 1 pound. Which is nice to me.
Back to the topic at hand. This years brainstorms of New Year's Resolutions.
- I want to lose @ least 5 lbs by my 25th birthday (2/28/09)
- I want to actually read my textbooks this semester and do well (i got a 4.0 this past one without reading, but still...)
- I would like to spend more time being YOUNG! and FUN! and SPONTANEOUS! before I get married and make babies and can't anymore
- I will go to Weight Watchers meetings each week, because I *need* that support. I can't do it by myself. I want to stop bouncing around and succeed.
- I will learn to say NO! when I can't and YES! when I can
- I will exercise 3 x's a week, no matter what, even if it's not hardcore gym-ery
Any of you starting your resolutions????