Wednesday, December 24, 2008

new yeaah's revolutions

This is me and my friend Kathleen last Friday at the Christmas party. Kathleen is doing exactly what I am doing, minus one job and two less classes but we're in the same boat. I am glad to share this boat with her.

My name is Jillian, and I'm a Jew on Christmas Eve. Mama Fatty is on her up way here and I am planning on doing an exercise DVD for a few before she arrives. Then I will cook a nice healthy chicken dinner for us. And we will probably exchange presents and then argue until we go to sleep.

Wait? Me & Mama have an interesting relationship. I have inherited most of Mama's good qualities (I'm nice, I'm outgoing, I'm sensitive) and some of Mama's negatives (I have flabby arms, I can be passive aggressive) and none of Mama's worstest quality (she means well, but is VERY VERY VERY closed minded/judegmental almost to the point where I feel criticized no matter what because of that "tone" and the "shoulds" that I believe most Jewish mama's do). Mama is also pretty annoying. We fight like sisters with rabies. But I love her, because she instilled in me strength and independence and good looks.

Oh, and I lost 1 pound. Which is nice to me.

Back to the topic at hand. This years brainstorms of New Year's Resolutions.
Ready?
Set?
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  1. I want to lose @ least 5 lbs by my 25th birthday (2/28/09)
  2. I want to actually read my textbooks this semester and do well (i got a 4.0 this past one without reading, but still...)
  3. I would like to spend more time being YOUNG! and FUN! and SPONTANEOUS! before I get married and make babies and can't anymore
  4. I will go to Weight Watchers meetings each week, because I *need* that support. I can't do it by myself. I want to stop bouncing around and succeed.
  5. I will learn to say NO! when I can't and YES! when I can
  6. I will exercise 3 x's a week, no matter what, even if it's not hardcore gym-ery
6 is a good number for now.

Any of you starting your resolutions????

8 comments:

Shannon Paris, Marketing Director/Realtor said...

I always get serious about my weight at the onset of a New Year, ugh!

This year I want to plow through my 101 things list, http://southernparis.blogspot.com/2008/05/101-things-to-do-in-1001-days.html.

Anonymous said...

I like how you set realistic goals, i.e. losing 5 pounds by the end of February. I'm quite uncomfortable, when I read on December 10, that a person is going to try to lose 10 pounds by New Years. Note, that's > 3 lb/week, during eating season. I'm losing it about as fast as you're losing it, though I don't do WW, or diet too strictly. I exercise every day, though today is going to be difficult.

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

Great resolutions. You can accomplish them all. Happy Holidays!

fattygetsfit said...

ahh hello new readers!

thanks for the positive input. and i'm glad you can relate, in your own special ways. i think misery (weight loss) deserves good company ;-)

The Bear Cub Bakery said...

Thankee for your comment. :)

And it *is* good to know I have people on the same page as me.

New Year's Resolutions? Drink more water. Worry less. Be better behaved around the family and not be such a whiner. ;)

Rockin Austin said...

Hey there! Been absent from the bloggy world lately, but always look forward to your comments when I do post! Yes, I can jump on that boat with you!! My short term (like as in this week) goal is to join a gym. Yehoo! Hope you had a good holiday!

auntie said...

I don't usually do resolutions, but in honor of your weight loss last week (!!!) I'll make an exception.

1. Drink more water.
2. Keep in touch with friends (thank you Facebook) more regularly.
3. Rely more on my own opinions, and not worry so much about what other people think I should do.

That should keep me busy for awhile!!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny, because I took two classes this semester at a local community college, and I didn't read all the 60 page chapters and I got a 4.0 too! Now, I wish I hadn't spent the $75.00 per book which they will buy back for $10.00! Great job on your weight loss!! You look great!