Non-scale victory of the day: Instead of eating Adam's left over General Tso's chicken (1 cup = 15 points) not counting the pork fried rice. I shelled out $10 and bought a salad with chicken, strawberries, walnuts and blue cheese instead. Even though the points for the salad itself was still kind of high, I felt better eating MORE food, HEALTHIER food and passing up on something I didn't really want anyways. General Tso= poison, delicious, awful poison.
I've been stalking this website MizFit for a little while now. She's got some pretty good ideas & information for those of us looking to "healthify" our lives. Today's entry had an idea for a decadence list, where you carry around this list of non-eating/non-food things that make you feel good, special, loved and taken care of. You pull out the list every time you're tempted to eat from emotions, boredom or both.
I thought about MY list while I went for a 35 minute stroll outside. I got pooped on by a bird. THAT is certainly not on my decadence list....
But this is what is, in no particular order:
- getting a back massage
- falling asleep in Adam's armpit
- watercolor painting (or at least trying to)
- when the leaves turn orange and red in the fall (dying leaves are so gorgeous!)
- holding babies and kissing their little cheeks
- getting honked/whistled at when I'm out walking or running
- smelling Adam's shoulder when I hug him
- speaking to a friend i haven't heard from in awhile
- having a full social calendar
- getting good grades on papers i worked hard on in graduate school
- arts & crafts projects
- having someone ask me to listen/give advice
- shoe shopping! or any shopping for that matter
- looking at the river, or any body of water
- reading a good book on a sunny day
- a song that has a good memory attached to it