Saturday, July 26, 2008

As good as it gets ?

At 24 and almost a half years old, I came to the serious conclusion that *this* is as good as it's going to get. I'm in the best shape of my life, nearly 10 pounds (and dropping) lighter than I was as a senior in high school and I have an extensive collection of high heeled shoes. I realized this, at the gym this morning.

Last night, out drinking (btw, having friends who like to drink is very hard on the waistline) we saw some older women out at the bar. Tons of makeup, no bras, short shorts. My reaction was mixed. Part of me felt bad for them, trying to look younger than they were and looking ridiculous to me. Part of me wanted to cheer them on for being brave and bold. The other part of me decided to stop staring and finish eating the steak sandwich I had in front of me. Which was awesome.

I guess I just find it thought provoking that in my self-esteem forming years of young womanhood, I was overweight and made many foolish mistakes. I wish I was as confident about myself now, back then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no no no no NO!!

just swinging by to say that Im far more fit now that at 21.

or 30.

dont despair! :)