Saturday, September 27, 2008

it's exam day!

In 1 hour and 10 minutes, I am going to be at a desk at school, whipping through a test that I am poorly prepared for and ready to have to take again in the spring when I fail. I have studied and fallen asleep with the book on my face. Afterwards, I am having a beer with a few grad school friends. I might even go to a walk in salon and chop off all of my hair. Then perhaps, I'll get my nails manicured, go to the gym, take a nap and not wake up until tomorrow afternoon.

I called in "sick" today. I told my boss that I had a doctor's appointment for my irritable bowel syndrome. As a joke. Because she knows darn well that I'm off for my CPCE today.

I could really use a cigarette, but I've been smoke free now for almost 3 weeks. No cheating. And I'm not using the patches anymore. I really could use just one puff though and I won't do it, because 1 equals a pack equals back to being a smoker again and I can't do that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the not smoking thing. Hope the test goes okay.

Anonymous said...

how was it?

Heres the maintaining the smokefreenees.

YOU CAN DO IT and will be *so* glad you did!

the Bag Lady said...

Congratulations for not smoking for 3 weeks!! You are so smart to quit now...unlike other (un-named!) people who still puff away.....