Tuesday, August 26, 2008

turbo carbos

Sunday night was brutal. I was feeling anxious and stressed about what I was beginning on Monday. Lately, my hair has been falling out again. I'm going to say it's stress, since I know I am getting plenty of nutritious foods and am eating a good amount of healthy fat. I've also been maintaining this weight range for awhile now.

Yesterday, however, I was craving carbohydrates. My usual cup of cereal was increased by 1/2 cup (no biggie). I had a Fiber One bar for morning snack. I ate my lunch (1 c. whole wheat pasta, 1 chicken sausage, 1/2 c. shrimp, peas, peppers, onions and two kinds of mushrooms in Alfredo sauce) and then ate 3 pizza crusts and ended up eating two slices of pizza. I had orginally declined pizza because for 3 WW POINTS more, I had more food groups covered. Then I caved because I couldn't get enough carbs into my body. Anxiety? Stress? I had NO idea that these feelings, even imagined, triggered me to eat carbohydrates.

For dinner (on my way to class) I had a sliced up cucumber and a banana. And then out for a glass of wine with my classmate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep.

Carbs give me that sooooothing feeling as well.

Most of us I think.

Now the processed white is GREAT.

If by great you mean TASTES FABULOUS GIVES A SUGAR HIGH AND MAKES ME FEEL LIKE TOTAL CR*P THE NEXT DAY----which I do.

Hang in there.

With all of it.

Miz.